Presbyterian Church, Cary,
CPC Youth Ministry
Cary Presbyterian Church actively engages youth and their families
in the ministries of the church, seeking to provide a
place of community and exploration that encourages their growth toward a closer
relationship with God, each other, the church family and the world.
A major program sponsored by the Youth and Family Ministry is the
CPC Youth Fellowship consisting of three distinct youth groups: Christian
Adventurers (grades 3-5), Middle School (grades 6-8) and Senior Highs (grades
9-12). These groups generally meet on
Sunday evenings and are designed to provide Christian faith formation,
fellowship, fun and service. A team of
2-4 advisors leads each group.
CPC is seeking an energetic, organized, committed individual to
serve as the Youth Fellowship Coordinator.
Position Description (20-hour/week)
- Help to recruit, encourage and support the
Youth Fellowship Advisors in developing and implementing programs and events
for the Youth Fellowship Program.
- Regularly attend Sunday evening youth
fellowship programs and other special events
- Provide weekly communication through
appropriate media to youth and parents concerning youth fellowship programs and
- Coordinate youth fellowship programs and
activities with overall CPC activities.
- Provide and coordinate logistical support for
programs, retreats and outings.
- Provide guidance to the newly formed Youth
Leadership Council, which consists of youth selected to provide counsel to the
Youth and Family Ministry Team and Youth Fellowship Advisors regarding the
structure and content of the youth fellowship program.
- Meet regularly and work closely with the Youth
and Family Ministry Team to assess and support the Youth Fellowship Programs.
- Work with youth to prepare worship for Youth
and Graduation Sundays in conjunction with advisors and pastors.
- Support and maintain policies stated in the
Youth Ministry Handbook 2017-2018 and Safeguarding Our Children.
- Report to the Pastor and meets regularly with
the CPC staff.
- Active faith life
- Team building experience
- Youth ministry experience
- Strong administrative and organizational
skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently in
conjunction with advisors, youth, parents and staff.
- Ability to maintain appropriate relational and
Inquiries and for more information, contact Lori Pistor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (919) 467-8700, Ext. 102.