Summer 10:00 a.m. Worship Service begins June 11
All Together Services for summer begin on June 11. That day is also Graduation Sunday, and will include recognition for all high school and college graduates.
Mark your calendars for these summer service changes: a single 10:00 a.m. Sunday worship service will continue each week through August 20. On August 27, Rally Day, there will be an 11:00 a.m. All Together Service, a single 11:00 a.m. worship service on Sept. 3 (Labor Day weekend), with 8:30 and 11:00 a.m. worship services resuming on Sept. 10.
2017 Appalachia Service
Project Fundraising Emphasis
For 27 years, Cary
Presbyterian Church has partnered with Appalachia Service Project. This year,
38 CPC volunteers will make up six teams serving with ASP in Scott County,
Tennessee from June 25 through July 1.
For 2017 we
especially desire cash donations due to transportation needs. Cash is needed
as well to buy fresh fruit for our volunteers at the location. Funds may be contributed at this link. (Wait for the pop-up screen.) Volunteers and others may share this link
with family in friends to assist us with fund raising. (Any prepackaged
snack donations may be placed in the hall outside the church office until June
Additionally, the ASP Giving Board will be in the Narthex
through June 24. The Giving Board will have ASP volunteers standing by on
Sundays before and after worship to assist you with your donations and to
provide information this year’s trip.
The time is short
until we leave for Tennessee, so we hope you will donate soon. Thanks to
everyone who has assisted our ASP initiatives in the past.
Open Position at CPC:
Stated Supply Associate Pastor for Member Engagement and Equipping
We are God’s family through the common bond of faith in Jesus Christ. In gratitude for God’s love and grace and empowered by the Spirit, we aspire to create a vibrant faith community through every member’s discipleship and by contributing to the well-being of the community at large.
This working mission statement undergirds CPC’s vision in developing and supporting the Ministry Areas of the church: Worship, Education, Health & Wholeness, Fellowship, Mission and Operations. Recent transitions and reorganization place the leadership and members in positions to strengthen and enhance how best to live out our faith in this time and place.
In 2016, CPC welcomed both a part time youth director and an office/communications manager to its collegial staff. The Session is now seeking an ordained minister to serve as our Stated Supply Associate Pastor.
Faith-centered, compassionate, encouraging, energetic, enjoys collaboration, good sense of self, flexible yet strong boundaries, servant-hearted
- Ordained teaching elder with 5-8 years of pastoral and leadership experience within the Presbyterian Church USA, or other ordained pastors with whom we are in Covenant Communion
- Organizational skills
- Strong communication and listening skills with an ability to inspire others
- Demonstrates gifts in discernment, encouragement, and relationship building
Responsibilities and Goals:
- Work with CPC lay leaders and staff to nurture and implement processes and programs that empower church leaders (ordained and lay) to equip church members for discipleship.
- Encourage ministries as stated in the church’s vision statement, with specific focus on inclusion of prospective and new members as they are assimilated into the life and ministry of CPC.
- Share the responsibilities of planning and leading Sunday morning and other services of worship.
- Lead worship and preach a minimum of 1 Sunday per month.
- Work with church groups or committees, and perform other administrative duties as determined in consultation with staff and P&A.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Attend session meetings as needed.
- Attend monthly the following team meetings: Music and Worship, and Visitor and New Member.
- Attend other team or group meetings as requested.
- Accountable to the Personnel and Administration Team and Head of Staff
- Annual Reviews with quarterly checkpoints per the Cary Presbyterian Church Personnel and Administration policy.
- Personnel and Administration team will provide a member to serve as liaison
Terms and Conditions:
- 30-hour a week position with full benefits
- Salary: based on qualifications and experience
- This is a minimum 1-year contract with the possibility of annual extensions. In the on-going assessment of ministries and budget, this might become an installed position for which this position is eligible.
Please send resume or Ministry Information Form or denominational equivalent to:
Cary Presbyterian Church
Attn: Belinda Weinbrecht
614 Griffis Street
Cary, NC 27511